How do I get x and Y axis lines to display when using the flash function in goto X Y?

11-04-2019 02:37 PM
MatthewRyan3
New Contributor

I work with maps that have written descriptions on title deeds, land claims etc. The problem I am facing is that they usually give either a Lat or Lon as part of the description, i.e. "Commencing at a point on centreline of XYZ River at Longitude 123.123456° East". In Arc Map I used the goto X Y function and entered either a Lat or Lon. The other value would be 0 by default. When I hit flash it would display X and Y axis lines in addition to the point. This enabled me to verify if the points in question were at the correct Lat or Lon, as the X or Y line would pass by them. In Pro I cannot do this, as the flash indicator will be at either 0 Lat or Lon for the value I don't enter. as there are no axis lines displayed, the point is never on screen when it flashes, as I never work near either 0 Lat or Lon. Is there a way to delineate an individual Lat or Lon value on screen without graticules? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That's an interesting use case of flash in ArcMap.

Is there a way to delineate an individual Lat or Lon value on screen without graticules? 

Not that I know of, but you might want to go over to  Highly Noticeable Flash and add your vote and use case.

0 Kudos