Getting edits to show up immediately ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
11-08-2019 10:07 AM
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Disclaimer, I am really new to ArcGIS Pro.

I am attempting to edit a new feature class created in a file geodatabase.  What is vexing me is I draw a polygon or I cut one, and the edits are not instantaneously seen like in ArcMap.  I have to hit save and then pan or zoom to get the edit to show up.

Notice there are 12 features selected after I cut the six polygons.  There are only the original 6 polygons "selected" on screen.

I should not have to save the edits to see them.  It should work like ArcMap where you cut something or create something and you see it right way.  So what am I doing wrong? I am using 2.4.2 for Pro

ArcPro edits not seen

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for trying those other scenarios, David. I'm having a hard time understanding why this would happen. Try clearing the local cache in Options > Display to see if that makes any difference:

If that doesn't work - I would suggest that you to reach out to Esri Technical Support:

Esri Support Contact Support 

Thank you,

Scott

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

That is certainly odd behavior that I can't reproduce, so I have a few questions:

1. How did you create the feature class? In Pro?
  2. Does the same issue occur for another feature class in the same file geodatabase, how about a different file geodatabase, how about a new file geodatabase?
  3. How are you cutting the polygons? I'm assuming with the Split tool?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

Scott,

I created the feature class via pro, by going to a folder on our network, right clicking to make a new file geodatabase, create a feature class.

Same issue in the same geodatabase, and in the other two test ones I set up on my C:\ Drive and the other is the geodatabase the project created.

I used the split tool, but is also does it for just creating a feature from stretch. 

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for trying those other scenarios, David. I'm having a hard time understanding why this would happen. Try clearing the local cache in Options > Display to see if that makes any difference:

If that doesn't work - I would suggest that you to reach out to Esri Technical Support:

Esri Support Contact Support 

Thank you,

Scott

DavidBuehler

It looked like the clearing of the cache worked.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

glad to hear it!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

David:

Is the cache setting that worked for you to set Clear Cache to be checked which means the cache is constantly being cleared?

DavidBuehler

Michael,

It is now.

Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

I'm just following up - have you seen this problem again since the first time? If so, do you frequently work with new feature classes in a File Geodatabase that is stored on a mapped network drive location? If that's the case, we were able to reproduce the issue in this specific scenario. The good news is that it should no longer occur in 2.5 (coming soon).

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
ByronTsang
New Contributor II

Hello - Funny thing, after googling this problem, I stumbled across this thread. I can report that I am experiencing this exact issue, while making edits to a FGDB on a mapped network drive. After clearing my display cache, it appears to be working as intended. 

Anyway, it sounds like the issue will be resolved with 2.5, but I just wanted to throw my hat int he ring as someone experiencing this issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos