Collecting user-feedback in a Story Map

10-25-2019 02:17 PM
ArthurPoon
New Contributor III

Hi, Does anyone know if there's a StoryMap webmap function or template in which readers could leave comments?

What I'm trying to create is similar to this website.

I've created a map in Map Viewer, and embedded it in my Map Application.  I was hoping to make a read-writable layer that readers could drag a pin to the map and type a note

I was also exploring the Crowdsource Reporter template, but couldn't figure out how to refer a specific webmap to it.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Arthur,

I moved this question to the Solutions space since I think there are more apps here that will help you as public comments aren't something we are dealing with in the StoryMaps space right now.

The public comment app might be helpful and others in this space might have additional suggestions:

Public Comment | ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
ArthurPoon
New Contributor III

Thanks Owen!

0 Kudos
ArthurPoon
New Contributor III

Is there any information regarding the Crowdsource Builder StoryApp?  The description appears to achieve what I want.  

How to create a great Crowdsource story map 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
ArthurPoon
New Contributor III

Hi there!  I finally managed to associate a map and display it with Crowdsource Reporter.  I added a point location shapefile that readers would be able to point to a location on the map and add a comment.

However, the map only has the basemap and the editable layer. Does anyone know how to add another layer to the map?  without making it an editable layer?

Thanks

0 Kudos