TIN to Raster tool crash in ArcMap

04-14-2018 02:54 AM
CrystalBrochard
New Contributor

Hello,

I have some trouble with the TIN to Raster tool.

Each time I try to create a raster from a TIN file, ArcMap crashes and has to close.

I'm doing a formation on ArcGIS 10 and I cheked the input file with the people of the formation, it is fine.

Maybe too heavy (50,8Mo in total) ?

I set the environment, I try to convert the file with no other layers in the data frame,...evering I'm doing doesn't change a thing.

The parametors I'm trying to use are:

- input TIN checked

-Output raster in a geodatabase

- INTEGER

- natural neighbors and linear (I have to create two rasters, each of them with a different method)

- cellsize 25

- z factor 1 (default)

It's the only tool I can't use, I don't understand what's wrong with it. As far as I can see on the forum, nobody seems to have trouble executing the tool with ArcMap.

A little bit of help would really be appreciated,

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If possible share your TIN and attach it to this thread and let us try to convert it to raster with the settings you are using. What I notice from your screenshot is that you are using a pretty large path that is pointing to your user folder. Some IT departments place restrictions on the size this profile size might be. Since you are creating an Esri Grid, also some naming restrictions apply. Please try writing to a different folder (for instance C:\Data) and to a file geodatabase in that folder.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

As Xander indicates, change the folder, and if a gdb raster doesn't work try sending it to a *.tif

CodyGarcia
New Contributor

Crystal -- I am positive that you have moved on from this problem, but I found a solution -- ArcGIS Pro.I was experiencing the same exact issue you were, and googling the error lead me to this page. I tried shortening the path and name of the raster, and neither of those solutions worked. I brought the same exact TIN into ArcGIS Pro and ran the "TIN to raster" tool, and it worked perfectly fine. From now on, try the same tool in ArcGIS Pro and see if it works. 

Best, 

Cody 

0 Kudos