concat() Not working in geopoint calculation

10-03-2019 09:13 AM
deleted-user-NvcfpBOWaKwr
Occasional Contributor

I'm having a heck of a time trying to feed location information into the geopoint VIA pulldata() for Y coordinate and pulldata() for X coordinate. Then using concat() to format the string then feed the location coordinates into the geopoint calculation field. The goal is to have the map move to the centroid of the county that is selected in another field. The reason why I'm using concat() is because I would like the map to work correctly VIA the web so I cant use + symbol to concatenate the string. I have looked at several different tutorials and posts and I cant seem to get it working, survey123 keeps kicking out a "Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException" error. I'm using survey123 version 3.5.166. I have tried changing the field type to decimal, formatting the csv so the coordinates are formatted into one column, reversing the coordinates Y and X to X and Y, doing the calculation in another field then using ${field_name} in the calculation field for geopoint. So I'm stumped at this point and if anyone can lend a hand I would appreciate it.

Here is the error I'm getting

Here is the form information 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeremy,

Can you please share the xlsx file and the csv file used for pulldata (and any other files in media folder used by the xlsx form) so we can take a closer look. It sounds as if there is a formatting or type conversion issue, but hard to diagnose just from the screenshots you provided.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-NvcfpBOWaKwr
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the delayed response. I eventually got it working. I followed the tutorial from here:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/06/08/calculations-on-geopoints