Can't delete an image link from story map. How to do it?

Jump to solution
10-18-2019 02:56 AM
Indra_SharanKC
New Contributor III

How to delete the image link shown in red from the story map page? An image link published on Facebook (organizational) was used in the story map. The image does not exist on the link now. But interestingly, could not remove the image link. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  The screen shot is given below. Thank you.

Image showing the link

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Indra -- I can see the story now. Have you tried just replacing the media in the main stage of the first section with something else?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Indra -- I'm not sure why that link is hanging around, but it shouldn't affect anything other than giving you that warning. You can always just ignore the error.

Do you remember which section the image used to be in? If so, you can try to access the HTML source view of the side panel content and look for the code with that image and remove it. Just be careful when editing the source view so you don't lose any other parts of your story.

See this article for info on how to access the source view in Journal/Series.

Owen Evans
Indra_SharanKC
New Contributor III

Dear Owen,

Thank you for the article, very useful, however, this issue could not be resolved.  May I provide you this link to the story map shared as public for some time, so you could have a look at it. The first tab in the story (KISAN Intro), is supposed to show image from the link, and it keeps rotating its wheel without any result. Other tabs are working well as they are the web maps.

Thank you  and regards

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Indra -- Unfortunately it looks like the story or some content within it isn't' shared publicly. I'm being prompted to log in when I try to open your link.

Owen Evans
Indra_SharanKC
New Contributor III

Hi Owen,

It is public now.  Sorry about it. The link to the image is on the first tab named as "KISAN Intro".

Thank you

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Indra -- I can see the story now. Have you tried just replacing the media in the main stage of the first section with something else?

Owen Evans
Indra_SharanKC
New Contributor III

Hi Owen,

I can see this choice, I was not getting it somehow earlier.  I can replace the media.  

Thank you so much Owen for the help.