NASSCO manhole Assessment

05-17-2018 10:38 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I am interested in utilizing ESRI's Solutions manhole assessment schema for manhole assessments.

has anyone else used this approach before that complies with the NASSCO standards?

Ideally we will import our manhole points, apply the required NASSCO fields,codes (where is a good source for these?) and deploy this to collector for field crews to make assessments.

anyone can share their thoughts on this process or what they have done in the past?

5 Replies
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

Joe,

I have built out a manhole layer that worked with the MACP/Nassco inspection form.  We quickly realized it was too much for our needs and simplified it down to an easier to use form.  I basically built the layer from scratch using the  Nassco PACP manual and the codes that were used in there.  One word of caution...if you are integrated with CUES or other CCTV software make sure you are using the same codes in GIS that are required of your inspection software.  We ran into some issues with the integration between GIS and GNet.

As far as the workflow, once we got our manhole features set up the Collector workflow is super easy for the field crew and it works very well.  We have both internal employees and contractors inspecting so we do not edit geometry within the inspection map.  We handle that separately with a GPS map, Collector, and a Trimble R2.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, Id be glad to help out.

Cassidy

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

great thanks for the feedback Cassidy.

I'm sure I will have some follow-up questions down the road

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cassidy,  Would you be willing to share your manholes layer that has the NASSCO codes?  Is it a related table or domains?  Would love to see your workflow!

AsensionTorres
New Contributor II

Cassidy, would it be possible to get a stripped-down version of the NASSCO coded layer you made? Perhaps with just 5 features as a sample or whatever would be representative of the NASSCO definitions and attributes? 

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

Here is a sample of our inspection data.  In the database you will find a manhole feature with several attributes.  These are a combination of MACP and our revised inspection(simplified) form.  I decided to leave all of the MACP fields in the feature in case we decide to go down that road in the future.  In our Collector workflow we have arranged the attributes to mimic the pdf form.  

I have included all of the MACP domains as tables in this database.  You should be able to use the Table to Domain tool to import these into your existing database if you decide to go that route.  The codes are taken directly from the Naasco book and should translate over to Granite if you use that in the field for pipe or manhole inspections.