Water Distribution System Foundation not editable

10-22-2019 06:59 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For the most part I have just been using the old water distribution geodatabase for all my projects but I was curious about this new template/schema from the solutions. I deployed it with the plugin from pro and I can't edit anything other than the Water Issues layer. What am I doing wrong or do I need to read up on this more? I did not add any data to the layers since I was only planning to test it out with Collector and ArcGIS Pro. Screen shot below is what all my features look like. Is this meant for Enterprise because the documentation I looked at said it works with ArcGIS Online. I have all the proper privileges enabled in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoelSmith3
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt,

The Water Distribution System Foundation deploys feature services and views. The feature services are editable the views are deployed read only. 

The Digital Water Map is created using the read only views with the exception of the Water Issues layer. In order to edit all layers in Pro or Collector create a new map using the source feature services. A quick search in My Content for '-view' will return the editable feature services. Select, right click, Add To New > Map

Save and share the map and you should be good to go.

Thanks

Joel

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. I'm familiar with views and that makes sense why I can't edit them. I think there are 2 or 3 web maps that come with the solution so maybe one of the other maps has all the editable layers. 

0 Kudos