Future of ArcGIS for Windows Mobile

Jump to solution
12-12-2014 01:21 PM
NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II

I am having a really hard time trying to figure out if ESRI has ended development on ArcGIS for Windows Mobile. I don't see a 10.3 version or can I even find the status of this product. We assumed it is being replaced by collector but I am still using it and would like to know the status so we can plan migrating off of it. Maybe someone from ESRI could chime in?

0 Kudos
26 Replies
RebekahPolette
New Contributor III

Hello,

Has anyone found an option in Pro or Desktop to utilise data on a mobile project. Since a recent upgrade to 10.7 we can no longer access mobile toolbox to sync an existing mobile project.

Rebekah

0 Kudos
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

If you really mean ArcGIS Runtime for Windows Mobile (which also includes Windows Desktop), this product is out of support for a while.

The last version was 10.2.1, supporting the Toolbox components for ArcMap until 10.3.x. There is no support for higher version.

ArcGIS Pro has never been supported.

0 Kudos
RebekahPolette
New Contributor III

Thank you, so if we have projects on a mobile device that were created using mobile project we can no longer access (sync) the data as mobile tools are not accessible?

0 Kudos
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

Not with a 10.7 version of ArcMap, sorry for that.

Maybe the collector for ArcGIS is what could help you? But it is a services based application, no direct data exchange with an ArcGIS Desktop product.

0 Kudos
RebekahPolette
New Contributor III

Thank you for the prompt reply. We will be moving to Collector in the near future just trying to not

lose data from previous projects in the transition .

Regards

Rebekah

0 Kudos
NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II

If I remember correctly there is a way to pull the data out of a mobile cache and export to a file GDB. I think it is actually just a sqllite database. It's been a long time since I worked with mobile but the data should be able to be saved if you can get the data out of sqllite which can be done with python. There are also some free sqllite tools you can use maybe instead of python

0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Occasional Contributor III

I find it quite often the ESRI discontinues support / development of useful products. The Windows Mobile SDK is yet another.

We could move to a Windows 10 mobile device. Can anyone tell me which SDK would we use to develop mobile applications for use on Windows 10?

0 Kudos