I'm new to ArcGIS and have a question about performing canopy coverage analysis.

10-21-2019 03:45 AM
Labels (1)
SeanSelvig
New Contributor

Hello all,

I need to update a canopy coverage analysis that was originally performed in 2009 using photos from 2008. Newer photos have since become available, and I have been asked to update the canopy coverage analysis maps and interpretations for a local planning department.

Specifically, I have to re-run the percentage for the original 2008 photos to make the comparison consistent with the analysis of the latest photos. Then I need to run the analysis for 2014, then again for the most recent photos taken in 2018/19. Can anyone offer any tips regarding how to best go about such an assignment? (Relevant shape files are attached)

This is probably coming across as a bizarre question, but I am new to this software and this is an aspect of my job I am expected to learn as I go. Much of this is Greek to me, but I am a fairly quick learner, so if someone could at least point me in the right direction, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
0 Replies