User Credit Usage

10-10-2019 01:27 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to query the number of ArcGIS Online credits that a user has consumed in the past 24 hours. As things stand with the CreditManager, you can only query the entire organization. Could an additional parameter be added to the credit_usage method whereby you can specify a specific user or list of users?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael,

It doesn't look like it's possible to query credit usage per user at this time using the ArcGIS API for Python. However, I definitely see how this could be useful. Please create a new post under ArcGIS Ideas requesting this functionality.

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas 

-Josh

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Joshua - idea added here!

Cheers,

Mikie

0 Kudos
LindseyDanforth_Boulder
New Contributor II

I tried using the code mentioned below that use this: gis.admin.usage_reports.users()
However, that was returning some bizarre results - the list was only about half of what our total user count was and it included quite a few users that were not a part of our organization. What is this used for? What is this usage report?

0 Kudos
MJBiazar
Esri Contributor

Hi @LindseyDanforth_Boulder ,

This is by design since the usage report tracks all the usernames who used services, including non-organization users who used  publicly shared services.

Also, just to clarify, the usage_reports tool reports "usage" for users, if you need to create a credit report for users in your org, you can use gis.admin.usage_reports.credit. 

For more details, please see our documentation:

https://developers.arcgis.com/python/api-reference/arcgis.gis.admin.html#agolusagereports

Best,

MJ

0 Kudos
Per_Åke_MattiasWallin
New Contributor III

Michael,

You can query individual users credit consumption using  gis.admin.usage_reports.users().  I have attached a simple sample.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the example

0 Kudos