AnsweredAssumed Answered

Force respondent to manually interact with geopoint question and/or geosearch

Question asked by wtucker on Oct 9, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2019 by wtucker

I’m in the process of migrating an application form for a local design review committee to Survey123. This application requires parcel-level accuracy (due to zoning implications) and the responses will be collected from office-based desktop users rather than field workers on site.

Survey123 has accommodated our needs for this project very elegantly except for in one area: users are able to bypass the required geopoint question because the default location I have set apparently satisfies it. To that end, I have two questions:

• Is there a way to force respondents to manually interact with the geopoint question -- e.g., drag the marker from its default position, zoom to a certain level, or select a location using geosearch?

• Whenever I open one of these user-generated records to QA it, the geopoint reverts to 0,0 lat-long. This happens regardless of whether I edit the record through the survey’s Data tab or by adding “?mode=edit&objectId=###” to the end of the URL. How can I retain the original user response once the record is opened for editing?

Many thanks,

Will

Attachments

Outcomes