Similiar to Google Earth Pro's Show historical imagery toolbar ?

10-02-2019 08:40 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello!

I am here to see if there is a way around for me to add a toolbar that enable me to use show historical imagery dating back to the old days.

The ArcGIS Pro uses basemaps to show currently imagery in colors (RGB) 

Because I asked, I have been using a lot of 1938 of old aerial images that are in black and white and it takes time for me to find features in colors... and with the black and white it would help me to find easier there.

I prefer that it be within the ArcGIS Pro rather open it separate from ArcGIS Pro ...( What I mean I don't to open from another software or online )

I’d appreciate to hear from your feedback ....

ArcGIS ProAnalysisManaging Data

3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

If you added your images to a mosaic dataset, you could set up a time slider: Visualize a multidimensional mosaic dataset—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Good Try ! but this is not what I am looking for... If you open Google Earth Pro and hit the historical imagery slider button you will see the dates there and then you slider backwards you can see the colors changes... Sometimes it shows color or black and white ...things like that..

That is what I want for the Pro, but it doesn't have that so that is why I posted this question.

YogeshHogale
New Contributor

Yes, The Question i have. I was also trying to figure out this question in ArcMap and even in ArcGIS Pro. If someone here would help me to figure out this question. I'm posting my Question here,

Question : A python script that will take the Start date and End date as a parameter to access the satellite basemap world imagery and then zoom to the feature using ID number from my feature layer and export it in PDF file format.

Thanks !!!!

0 Kudos