Not All Records are Publishing to ArcGIS Online

01-21-2016 11:13 AM
MichaelTorbett1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to publish a feature from a file geodatabase to ArcGIS online. This feature contains 611 records, however when I publish it to my organizations online account, only 510 records appear. I don't understand, the maximum records allowed is set to 1000 in the publishing window. Everything seems to be in working order and I recently published a similar layer containing almost 3000 records with no problem. Any insight to what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
JillHalchin
Occasional Contributor II

The results with a file GDB were mixed, so I did some additional testing this morning. Originally, to get the data into the Pro default GDB, I exported from the map. But to put the data into a new FGDB, I used import. I also used import to put it into SDE.  (By the way, I'm copying entire feature classes, not features to existing feature classes.) So, I wondered if the different results were due to export vs. import?  

This morning, I created a new FGDB. Then, in ArcCatalog, I exported from SDE to file GDB.  When I publish from the new FGDB, everything shows up. Then I exported from the SDE to a different SDE. That publishes fine, too.  Maybe there's something else uncontrolled that I'm overlooking, but for now I'd say that export and import aren't exactly reverse operations. I'll stick to export.

0 Kudos
SteveWorkman
New Contributor II

I also have this problem, features not been taken across when publishing a service.  My original service of 3 layers (point, line and polygon) all worked OK.  I then started overwriting the service, which initially worked OK, but today and all the features in the line and polygon layers did not copy across to the service.  As suggested above I copied my SDE data to  FGDB and now everything copies across fine.  I am publishing my service from ArcMap 10.3.1 from an SDE database.  I also tried from ArcGIS Pro 1.4 and this also did not copy the features across.

Steve

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Steve,

I'd suggest getting in touch with technical support to look into this issue specifically.

As a quick troubleshooting step, try downloading and opening the zipped map in the SD file. Is all of the data included in the zipped FGDB? If all of the data is included, we'll need to look into a potential publishing issue. 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JenniferStone
New Contributor III

I was having the same problem. I had a very small feature class of 48 points (bus stops) but everytime I would publish or overwrite it would only publish 32 of those points. I realized that the points that were not publishing were in one corner of my ArcMap screen so I adjusted the following: 

Data Frame Properties > Data Frame > Extent Used by Full Extent Command > Other >  Outline of Features > Layer: Bus Stops > Features: All

Once I did this I republished and all of my points were published to AGOL. Hope this helps!

CathyWilson
New Contributor III

Thanks for the insight. I'll keep an eye on that the next time I publish.

0 Kudos
AdrienLepoutre
New Contributor III

Something to consider...if your feature layers in Portal/AGOL are by reference, true curves are currently not displaying in Enterprise 10.7.1 Here is the full description of the bug https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2019/09/13/polygons-containing-cu... 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
KarolFallas
New Contributor III

I had the same situation after last realease of ArcGIS Online december 2019, and after many tests, I noted that the records that were not published had a slightly different date value than those that were published.
 In my case I didn’t need the field with the date, so I decided to eliminate it, I re-published the service and everything worked.
0 Kudos