Operations Dashboard Portability

01-13-2014 10:54 AM
ScottBateman
New Contributor III
Have been using Ops Dashboard for a while now and starting to feel the impact of change over time.  For example, when an underlying Web Map, service, data source, etc. changes it can disrupt the availability of any Operations Dashboards that have been built against it.

This can be mitigated by timing and coordination of the changes to the connected parts.  If I am changing some attributes in a service, I can roll out an updated dashboard at the same time.  This leads me to my real question.

Is there a way to import/export or otherwise "extract" the details of an Operations Dashboard? In particular, it would be nice to be able to migrate a dashboard from the test environment to production without having to manually complete the steps.

Additionally, some kind of meta data export for each dashboard would be able to provide a report of the dashboard's functionality. Example: The gauge widget uses the vehicle top speed attribute with min 0, max 100, threshold 50, etc...

Finally, this would be useful for backup purposes.  In the event that our portal environment became corrupted or experienced some type of data loss, I would assume you need to rebuild all dashboards from scratch?

Any help/thoughts are appreciated.
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is very much needed!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

This thread was created back in Jan 2014, so I expect the majority of its contents applies to the legacy Windows Desktop based Ops Dashboard, and not the new web browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS.

> Is there a way to import/export ... the details of an Operations Dashboard? In particular, it would be nice to be able to migrate a dashboard from the test environment to production without having to manually complete the steps.

Please see John Solly's post in this thread,

https://community.esri.com/message/864732-re-promotion-of-operations-dashboard-to-different-servers?... 

Hope this helps,