Widget to Filter Many Layers at the Map

04-03-2019 10:42 AM
jonataspovoas
New Contributor III

Hi. I need help customizing or creating a widget. I need a widget to filter many layers at the map that have the same common attributes. It's basicaly what the Filter Widget does, but Applied to more than one layer. I'm having trouble customizing the Filter Widget, since I'm not experienced with Dojo and the WAB Architecture.

Thanks.   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkBuie1
New Contributor III

It is a work in progress, but I have been developing a widget that will do what you're asking. Feel free to use it as a guide or on it's own. 

MultiFilter Widget

Let me know what your specific problems are and maybe I can help. 

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark, is it possible for the user to select what value to filter on? In the illustation in GitHub the filter is defined when adding the widget, I have a use case where the user needs to be able to define the filter (not define wich field to filter on but which values that should be returned by the filter).

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The Group Filter widget should accomplish what you're looking to do:

Group Filter widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

MarkBuie1
New Contributor III

Oops, you're right. I just assumed OP was having the same issue. My project aims to overcome some of the limitations of the Group Filter. 

0 Kudos
jonataspovoas
New Contributor III

I'm customizing the filter widget to filter any number of layers with the same filter. It's already working, but I need to customize the widget configurations page to work along with the new widget's functionality and config json. Once it's ready, I intent to share it's code somehow.

0 Kudos