include system tables

Jump to solution
05-11-2017 09:00 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

I was wondering if I should be checking the box next to "Include system tables" in the rebuild indexes and analyze dataset tools, after i compress our main editing sde default versioned database. I read the documents on system tables, and the version db admin workflow still not clear on what exactly is the "state" and "state_Lineage" tables. i just want to make sure that if I check the box next to "include system tables" when i do my DB admin task that I am not going to totally mess our tables, data, etc up

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would include the system tables when running the tool as the enterprise geodatabase administrator (SDE). The tables you reference are involved in the versioned workflows and updating the indexes/statistics may help performance (depending on the number of records in the table and fragmentation). It will not impact the data in the table if you run it.

https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase?sr=search&searchId=88a078c5-431b-4dee-b334-4605bfedba6...

--- George T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would include the system tables when running the tool as the enterprise geodatabase administrator (SDE). The tables you reference are involved in the versioned workflows and updating the indexes/statistics may help performance (depending on the number of records in the table and fragmentation). It will not impact the data in the table if you run it.

https://community.esri.com/groups/geodatabase?sr=search&searchId=88a078c5-431b-4dee-b334-4605bfedba6...

--- George T.
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

Cool. Thanks George.

0 Kudos
JoePlattner
New Contributor III

I was wondering the same thing, mostly because "NO_SYSTEM" is the default. If there is no harm or impact to using the "SYSTEM" option, I was curious why "SYSTEM" isn't the default. From George's answer a few years ago it almost sounds like "SYSTEM" is the preferred setting when running this tool

I wonder when it most appropriate to use the "NO_SYSTEM" setting....

This isn't a question anyone needs to answer. I just wanted to add my voice as to why I was confused which setting to use.

I will use the "SYSTEM" option going forward. 

0 Kudos