Network analyst odd even plate number restriction

09-15-2019 11:19 AM
OCKYSISWANTO
New Contributor

hi, my city recently added a road restriction by odd/even plate number. odd date for odd plate and vice versa.

how can i implement this restriction on my current network dataset? 

i'm using arcgis desktop and server 10.5

any clue would be great

regards,

ocky

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do this in a couple of way. One is to simply add restrictions for odd and even days and then pick the appropriate restriction to use based on the license plate. The other way is to use parameterized restrictions where you set the parameter at run time based on the license plate and the restriction is triggered as appropriate for each network edge. This is useful when dealing with bridge heights and tall vehicles. You can read more about it here:

Using parameters with network attributes—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
OCKYSISWANTO
New Contributor

thanks for your reply jay,

what i'm trying to do here is solving vrp with heterogenous vehicle license plate which is odd and even in one solve.

i've tried using the parameterized restrictions before, but with vrp solver the parameterized restrictions applied to all routes. i cannot set vehicle license plate restriction individually.

i guess the vrp solver treat routes as homogenous fleet? (cmiw on this one)

as an example in dealing with bridge heights and tall vehicles i can't set individual vehicle height parameter right? the parameter applied to all of the routes, so i can't solve low and tall vehicles at the same time

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, VRP fleet needs to be homogeneous. So if you know ahead of time that some vehicles cannot be used on a certain date due to odd/even license plate restrictions that then do not load them (as routes) into a VRP layer for that day.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos