Which Model Builder Iterator or tools can I use for this model?

09-12-2019 05:25 AM
CarlosGarcia3
New Contributor

Hi everyone this is my first time asking in Geonet

I have to make a model builder (I don’t have a lot experience on that) that give me as a result a Resume Table of NULL Value of all fields in Feature Class. I create a model using the following tools:

-Select layer by attribute (using of example the expression: [C_CAM_ANCHO_2] IS NULL)

-Summary Statistics (Field: C_CAM_ANCHO_2 Statistic Type: COUNT)

-Add field (Parameters= Field Name (Name), Field Type (Text), Field Length (30))

*Calculate field (Parameters= Field Name: Name, Expression: “C_CAM_ANCHO_2”)

*Note: I have to repeat this process depending on the amount of field that my Feature Class have. For example, if my Feature Class Road have 20 fields, I repeat this process 20 times. 

-Merge I join the result of the process with the tool Merge selecting the fields that I need. In this case for example: Name (field) and FRECUENCY (field).

In the 1st image (ModelFor_One_Field) you can see how I use the model for just one field, in  the 2nd imagen (ModelFor_One_Field_Tool) you see how looks the model as tool and then this model for each field on a Feature Class (Images ModelFor_20_Fields and ModelFor_20_Fields_Tool).

Well the thing is that I need to replicate the model for more than 30 different Feature Class, so I don’t know if I can simplify this model using iterators, other tools or model into another model. Can somebody guide me please?

In the end, what I need is a summary table like the one in the image “summary_null_table” with the frequency of null value for each field in a Feature Class.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to GeoNet!

The way to loop a model is set it up with parameters and then create a "driver model" that iterates and calls the your first model (submodel). In your case the 'outside' model would probably use the append tool to add the results of each iteration to your output table.

Add a submodel to a model—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos