Model outputs Excel file when executed within modelbuilder but not in an MXD

Jump to solution
08-09-2019 02:54 PM
IanStorey
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have created model that take user input from a picklist and then outputs the selected data into an Excel File. When I run the model inside of modelbuilder it outputs an excel file that is exactly as it should be. Then, when I save the model and then close model builder and try to use it in an MXD, the model runs successfully and then give me a path to the output (the very same path that modelbuilder gives) but when I follow the path there is no spreadsheet. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions are appreciated, I feel like I've tried everything!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you specify the excel file as an output parameter to the model? I recommend doing that.

Also, open the model in edit mode and make sure the excel sheet model element is not marked as "intermediate". Intermediate data are deleted when a model is run as a tool.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you specify the excel file as an output parameter to the model? I recommend doing that.

Also, open the model in edit mode and make sure the excel sheet model element is not marked as "intermediate". Intermediate data are deleted when a model is run as a tool.

IanStorey
New Contributor

Thanks Curtis,

The output was listed as "intermediate", turning that off solved my problem!