I'm generating a MMPK for Explorer for ArcGIS (iOS) using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1. When the file is imported into Explorer it shows as an "Invalid map" and generates a "Unable to Open Map: Mobile map package version is not supported." when I attempt to open it.

Jump to solution
08-27-2019 09:52 AM
MattClarkson1
New Contributor III

Well, now I feel stupid for thinking the "Ask A Question" box was for the actual question and not header. For the question above:

I'm generating a MMPK for Explorer for ArcGIS (iOS) using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1. When the file is imported into Explorer it shows as an "Invalid map" and generates a "Unable to Open Map: Mobile map package version is not supported." when I attempt to open it. Is there an update pending for Explorer for ArcGIS to accept these newer MMPKs or is this a misleading error indicative of a different issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

Yes, we are working on updates to Explorer that will support map expiration.

Definitely would like to know more about your map, with regard to missing layers, layer visibility and zoom extents.  

If you are using group layers in your source map, that could explain part of the problems you are seeing.  Group layers are not supported in the current release... something that will be fixed in the next.

Mark

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MattClarkson1
New Contributor III

I've narrowed down the issue to only those MMPKs where the Expiration functionality is included. Unfortunately, the whole reason I'm exploring this path is for the expiration option. Can someone from ESRI provide a timeline of when it's expected to be available in the app? 

An additional note, those MMPKs generated without Expiration included will open, but layers are missing, default zoom extents are incorrect, and layer visibility does not match the originating map document. 

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

Yes, we are working on updates to Explorer that will support map expiration.

Definitely would like to know more about your map, with regard to missing layers, layer visibility and zoom extents.  

If you are using group layers in your source map, that could explain part of the problems you are seeing.  Group layers are not supported in the current release... something that will be fixed in the next.

Mark

MattClarkson1
New Contributor III

Mark,

Thank you for the response, do you have a general time-frame for those updates? I'm running into an end-of-life issue with the current tool we use for this purpose, which is why I'm investigating Explorer as a replacement. 

I suspect the groups are the issue based on your feedback. I'm going to attempt to run a couple of new MMPKs without groups and verify. I'll communicate back with my findings. 

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

Before the end of this year (Very General Time Frame) for all platforms (IOS, Android, Windows)

Right now Windows version of Explorer is closest to release, the Beta version is public and you can find information about it here. https://community.esri.com/groups/explorer-beta/blog/2019/07/02/whats-new-and-whats-coming-in-explor... 

Its accessible directly from the Microsoft Store. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/explorer-for-arcgis-beta/9p47gjtlm9nt?activetab=pivot:overviewtab 

This Windows Beta would be the best one to check, It supports group layers, and is on the latest version of the ArcGIS Runtime, and a great prelude to what will be coming on IOS and Android when we roll those out.  

Mark

0 Kudos