Help Needed To Publish Map Series Online?

08-29-2019 05:59 AM
AmritpalMundra
New Contributor

I have created a map series for sections on a highways project I am working on, using Pro and want to publish it online for other members of the organisation to be able to click on each page to view. Some of the map series have 40-50 pages. I also have a layout I want the user to be able to print a chosen page on. I am fairly new to this process and was wondering, would anyone be able to help me this? Much appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

HiAmritpal Mundra‌,

Map Series export options are to PDF or JPG: Export options—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop. Once you have exported the PDF you can upload it to ArcGIS Online for download: What can you add to ArcGIS Online?—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you want other members of the organization to print a map with a custom layout using ArcGIS Online, you would need to publish a custom Print Service with ArcGIS Server. If your organization has ArcGIS Server you may be interested in looking into this. 

Publish Print Service with custom layouts: Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro—Documentation (10.7) | ArcGIS Ent... 

Idea for bringing in custom Print Services to ArcGIS Online: https://community.esri.com/ideas/8313

Hope this helps,

Peter

0 Kudos