Mosaic to New Raster Display Error

Jump to solution
08-22-2019 12:19 PM
ChrisSpadi1
New Contributor II

Greetings,

I am combining several raster images into a single image via the mosaic to new raster tool. It has worked great on other attempts in the project except there is one image that has white gaps when zoomed out (zoomed in they disappear). None of the others have this problem. I made sure to input all the correct perimeters for the tool. 

32 bit float is the pixel type (original source rasters)

I am not sure if this is just a display bug or if there is some other underlying issue? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSpadi1
New Contributor II

Thanks Lance. I tried this except I have a large .tif image not a mosaic layer. For that tool it requires a mosaic layer as the input.

I found a different solution with the project raster tool. I just ran it thru the tool with the same original projection and the new image appeared with no white gaps when zoomed out or in. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Chris, 

Try rebuilding your overview files.  This can be completed from Catalog in Pro, right clicking the mosaic dataset and selecting Optimize > Build Overviews.  Once the tool loads in Geoprocessing make sure to click on Define Missing Overview Tiles and Generate Overviews.  Under the Overview Generation Options you can also try the Generate Missing Overview Images Only option before regenerating the entire set.  You need to click on Generate Overviews for this option to show.

ChrisSpadi1
New Contributor II

Thanks Lance. I tried this except I have a large .tif image not a mosaic layer. For that tool it requires a mosaic layer as the input.

I found a different solution with the project raster tool. I just ran it thru the tool with the same original projection and the new image appeared with no white gaps when zoomed out or in. 

Thanks.

LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Chris, 

Sorry, I had misread your question.  Thought you were combining several images into a single mosaic.  Glad you got it figured out...

Bethpc9
New Contributor II

I had this issue and your 'project raster' worked perfectly! Thank you! 

Wish I could understand why it was an issue in the first place though...

0 Kudos
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Bookmarked. Thanks for the solution!

0 Kudos
AldoTanca
New Contributor

Thanks, this is still a probem in 2024 and Raster tool (data management) fixed it for me.

I cannot really understand what the problem is with Mosaic to New Raster.

Even specifying the correct projection in the dialog will not solve it, a second pass with Raster Tool is required.

0 Kudos
andersenlm
New Contributor II

I also have this issue and found that "Project Raster" fixes it. I really want to know what causes this issue.

0 Kudos