How can trigger user select from value list in ArcGIS pro model Builder?

07-21-2019 03:13 PM
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

I am building a model to allow user to interactively select the values from each field drop down list of values. How can I do that in model builder. And also which tool can  I use  to sum up for instance a number of a particular tree species in a particular location at a point in time and also the number of a particular tree species in all locations at a particular point in time. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You cannot generate a pick list from values in a table in Model Builder as you can't do dynamic (ie run time) parameter validation. You can do that with a Python script tool however.

See my response on the other thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/235176-what-can-i-do-to-build-a-model-for-a-related-database-table...

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Ok. Thanks for all the help so far. I joined my tables to a single table since related db is not working well in model-builder..However I want to progress by asking which tools are best to combine in a model builder to answer my questions:

At a Single location what is the total sum of birds in a particular year, in a particular month.

Because the birds are also grouped into categories: so questions like total sum of one category, yearly and monthly sum at a particular location or all locations.

Total sum of one specie at all location, yearly sum of one specie at all locations.

I just want to build a model to answer this questions from my database. After which I will extend and add more functionalities using python. 

Thanks for your quick response.

0 Kudos