Survey123 v3.5.122 | repeat_count seems broken

08-19-2019 07:15 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

When we add a numeric value to repeat_count for a "begin repeat" there's an error being generated with this build release. We've never had issues prior to this release.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

Does that field exist in the feature service that you are writing to? If you are using a submission URL, the schema must match the schema of your form, it will not add fields when republishing the form from Connect. Try adding the new field to your feature service (making sure the field type, length, any other field attributes match exactly) and then republish the form.

JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Brittney,

Thanks for the reply! It's a strange occurrence because that error only generates when a value is placed in the "repeat_count" tab. Keep it blank and everything passes with flying colors. Older versions don't prompt an error so I believe it's build specific.

0 Kudos
BrittneyGibbons1
Occasional Contributor

I see what you mean now, Jordan. I had misunderstood your question on the initial read-through. Your question seems similar to one that was posted previously: Survey 123 - Repeat Count not allowing to publish form . It looks like the repeat-count setting requires a field in the parent layer in order to work properly. Not sure if this is exactly the issue you are having since you mention that it is specific to the Connect version you are on, but wouldn't hurt to check the Schema preview to see if maybe the repeat count is trying to add a field that doesn't exist in your service. 

0 Kudos