Operation Dashboard issue: "Layer Not Accessible"

08-12-2019 01:36 PM
KatelynNiesen
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm working on creating a dashboard with a layer that has points/locations derived from a csv. When attempting to load the layer into the dashboard, the layer (and others) are grayed out with a message "Layer Not Accessible". I have tried making the layer a hosted feature layer in Pro, although it still shows as accessible. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening? 

Further, would anyone mind explaining the criteria needed for a layer to sufficiently work in a dashboard? I have a feeling I may be missing a step. 

I appreciate any guidance, thank you!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katelyn,

> I'm working on creating a dashboard with a layer that has points/locations derived from a csv.

Yes, you should make it a hosted feature layer in either ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS, so Ops Dashboard can work with it.

> When attempting to load the layer into the dashboard, the layer (and others) are grayed out with a message "Layer Not Accessible".

Have you ensured that the feature layer(s) have been shared correctly? Are you the owner of all the layers in the web map that you're trying to create a Dashboard for?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
ChristyCox2
New Contributor

This is also happening to me in Portal.  The layer that is giving me problems is a hosted feature layer that I posted to Portal. And I shared it correctly and am the current owner of all the layers in the web map that I am trying to create a Dashboard for. 

Thank you, 

Christy 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Christy,

To help collect more information to try and track down the cause, can you record the web traffic when you try to access the layer with something like Fiddler or Wireshark?

0 Kudos
MARIEL-U
New Contributor

What is the fix to this issue?

0 Kudos
DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

I'm having this same issue. For me, it's a feature service that was created from a Geodatabase that was working fine without any issues. I created some Serial Charts using the data set and saved and it worked. As far as I know, nothing has changed but I'm now getting a "Layer Not Accessible" error whenever I try to add a new serial chart and, after I refreshed the dashboard, existing Serial Charts are now saying "Data Source Error" even though I can see the service, data, and layers in the ArcGIS Online Content view.

Could this be a temporary service issue or did something just randomly happen to my data?

0 Kudos
MattCravens
New Contributor

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I am having the exact same issue, the "Layer Not Accessible" error. Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
MattCravens
New Contributor

The issue got resolved when IT restarted the server. The dashboards came back online.

0 Kudos