ArcGIS Pro, Mobile Map, Analyze always gives "00220 The layer type is not supported." This is for any map I try even with just 1 base layer. I'm just trying to get anything to work.

08-06-2019 11:24 AM
TimDyes
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a simple mobile map package.  Running ArcGIS Pro, newly installed trial, installed the licenses for ArcGIS Pro Advanced and for Publisher.

I create a Project, create a Map, Share->MobileMap, fill in the Package info/options.  Click Analyze and it comes back with the "00220 The layer type is not supported in runtime content" error.  It seems none of the layers types offered under Basemap are supported.  Tech support for ArcGIS Pro is paid only even for free trial evaluation use.  Sreenshot attached. Any help appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Tim,

The Basemap service layers (service layers in general (with exception of Feature Services)) are not supported by   Package Mobile Map at this time.  When creating a mobile map you are creating an offline map.  With a variety of layer types to consider, it works better to have most of the content offline (file based data) prior to packaging.  We are considering the packaging of services for a future release, but its a bit complicated, as there are server limits to consider, many different types of services and increased processing time, that could result in a... "not so great experience."

For the Esri Basemap data you can create Tile Package of the area you are interested in and include that in a Mobile Map Package.

You many also find this of interest https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/arcgis-pro/blog/2018/01/20/use-arcgis-pro-21-t... 

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

Mark

0 Kudos
TimDyes
New Contributor II

Thanks Mark,

I followed the steps in the create Tile Package of the area you are interested in and include that in a Mobile Map Package<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.esri.com_community_gis_applications_arcgis-2Dpro_blog_2018_06_30_using-2Darcgis-2Dpro-2D22-2Dto-2Dput-2Dthe-2Desri-2Dworld-2Dimagery-2Dbasemap-2Din-2Da-2Dmobile-2Dmap&d=DwMFaQ&c=yzoHOc_ZK-sxl-kfGNSEvlJYanssXN3q-lhj0sp26wE&r=q4KaakByQp5Uh8R5ATfav61q5uFjNnQLbiaQT7t5rkA&m=V-mTiVJ60tQqbpf6T948zTHjsqFaSSVUYWdm5SgpS7c&s=pq8kf5Ie2oEzQeBxVelvGq7dov9-ubwa3vDLnEiLyqI&e=>,

I used Map->Offline->DownloadMap to create WorldImagery_F53E3FD9-8D70-4561-A3AA-D43338B07CB8.tpk.

Then with only that selected as the Data Source, I do Share->PackageMobileMap and set package options.

Analyze still returns with the 00220 error.

Note there are no spaces in the data source filename (removed prior to the DownloadMap operation).

Please advise, Thanks again!

Tim

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Tim,

Did you remove the basemap layers from the map.  If the TPK layer is the only layer in the map, the Package Mobile Map tool should not give an error.

Mark

0 Kudos
TimDyes
New Contributor II

Aha, that did the trick. I had deselected the basemap layer, i.e. unchecked the line item, but that just removes it from the rendered map. Rightclick remove of that layer removed it from the project. Analyze then completed successfully and Package created the mobile map package.

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos