Export data to shape file

Jump to solution
08-05-2019 06:56 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know that you can now open up a shape file in AppStudio using the ShapefileFeatureTable layer, but does anyone know if you can export data to a shape file?

As much as I hate using shape files(!!), we have clients who would like to export to this format for backwards compatibility with legacy systems and to share with third parties.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Runtime doesn't have any built in ways to convert data from one format to shapefile. For the time being, the format we support for creating ad hoc on the fly is FeatureCollection. Also, with Update 6, we will support creating KML documents on the fly. One workflow could be to create a script tool that takes in a feature collection and converts it to a shapefile. This could be run as a separate server side process on a regular schedule, or could be a GP Service if you wanted to call from the app itself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not aware of any AppStudio AppFramework functionality that can produce ShapeFile file format. 

I am looping in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt‌ to see if we have something that would let you export to ShapeFile format. 

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Runtime doesn't have any built in ways to convert data from one format to shapefile. For the time being, the format we support for creating ad hoc on the fly is FeatureCollection. Also, with Update 6, we will support creating KML documents on the fly. One workflow could be to create a script tool that takes in a feature collection and converts it to a shapefile. This could be run as a separate server side process on a regular schedule, or could be a GP Service if you wanted to call from the app itself.