Symbols with Images not displaying - Layer Renderer

07-29-2019 03:21 AM
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using the current 100.5.0 version of Esri SDK for iOS, We have a Service Url from which layers are loaded, Most of the layers are of type 'esriGeometryPoint' and have multiple symbols under the renderers.

The issue here is that, the symbols for which an image is uploaded don’t get drawn on the map, the other symbols with default styles like, 'esriSMSCircle' or esriSLSSolid’ show up fine as well as the label shows up without any hitch.

If I override the Symbols with a simple Renderer (described below), the layers get drawn appropriately.

SimpleLineSymbol symbol = new SimpleLineSymbol {    

Color = Color.Blue,

Width = 2,

Style = SimpleLineSymbolStyle.Solid

};

featureLayer.Renderer = new SimpleRenderer(symbol);

Hence all the Symbols which have ‘ImageData’ in it won’t get plotted i.e the ones for which images(png, jpg) have been uploaded to. Please find attached the Layer sample. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Yashvit Naik: could you add &returnadvancedsymbols=true to your service URL and attach the JSON as you did in the original post please? We want to make sure that you're encountering what we think you're encountering and that it's not something else.

Thanks!

Nick.

0 Kudos
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

As requested Please find attached the JSON response, thanks once again Nick.

regards

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Yep. That's not working because of the above issue. You'll need to patch your servers. Thanks for sending the JSON.

0 Kudos