Set print widget to use custom layout with custom text elements in WAB.

07-31-2019 01:40 PM
MagdalenaMartinez
New Contributor

I am trying to create a web app where a user can search for a parcel, select it, and then print a document that will include the selected parcels attribute information.

In Arcmap I have the custom text elements in the layout to call to attributes in a specific parcel layer when a parcel is selected. 

I know about creating a print service to be used in the print widget to create the custom layout, but so far I have only found ways to do this where the user still needs to enter the parcel information in for the custom text elements. I would like to have the custom text elements call to the attribute information from the selected parcel layer like in my mxd. 

Is there a way to accomplish this within creating a print service, or with json?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

if you want to do that in the print service, pls see following blogs:

- Print reports from ArcGIS Enterprise web apps  (that is when you publish a print service from ArcGIS Pro)

- Printing Popups from Web Application (this is for print services published from ArcMap)

if you have already moved to 10.6.1 or above ArcGIS Server/Enterprise, we recommend you to use ArcGIS Pro to publish a print service.

MagdalenaMartinez
New Contributor

Thank you!

I am using 10.6.1, so I will try publishing the service via Pro. Is there a way to place the report in the same page as the map of selected parcels?

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Is there a way to place the report in the same page as the map of selected parcels?

Unfortunately report does support map at this point. If you want, you can use layout table element and its cim property to update its source for each request. But that requires ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 and Pro 2.4. And another limitation would be that it won't flow to next page.

you can also take the same approach mentioned in the 2nd link in my last comment but do that in Pro.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I propose in a future feature enhancement Esri enable legends and content flowing to two or more pages by default out of the box. For example Soil Survey can have 30 symbols, even when you limit to show only features in extent. 

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Kevin MacLeod

Thanks for the suggestion. Would you mind add that in https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas page?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Magdalena Martinez You could also use the Screening widget. It creates a map and includes whatever attribute fields you or the user want to display. It is a really nice widget! It is next to my Print button here as an example https://public.sagis.org/sagisorg2019   So Screening could work unless you need more advanced custom tabular data or text. Widgets are fairly easy to customize as well so Screening could still be useful for that too. I had looked at creating MXD templates for larger page sizes and  python to put legends on multiple pages but I am working on setting up Portal, Pro etc and so I am probably going to try this very same thing with Pro at some point. 

0 Kudos
AmandaBeck
Occasional Contributor

Hi! I'm wondering if you've had any luck using the Screening Widget to show a map and parcel attributes on a layout for export to PDF? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos