Problem with the Capital Projects Solution Deployment tool

01-16-2018 01:21 PM
MichaelKohler
Occasional Contributor II

I have been trying to deploy a solution from the ArcGIS Pro Solutions Deployment tool. I was and am still getting errors as I work with ESRI to try and fix the problem. As usual, I don't have time to wait and started following the steps laid out in the Manual Section of the link Publish feature layer - Capital Project Locator | ArcGIS for Local Government .

I am frustrated because I have walked through the setup of the Capital Project Plans and manually created the maps, layers and apps. Next, I want to use the Capital Project Locator and walked through all the setup steps laid out in the link above. However, when I view the completed web app I am not seeing what ESRI shows in their demo.

I walked through the steps of the Capital Project Plans and have a working version of this app: http://statelocaltryit.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapAndAppGallery/index.html?appid=3639e59d32874bb6ae4bea... 

I'm trying to get my Capital Project Locator app to look like this: ArcGIS Web Application 

But the information shown in my app is nowhere near what the above app shows. In one of the steps on the Manual Set Up it says 

• Configure the pop-up for each layer using a custom attribute display option.

But it doesn't say what that custom display should be. 

Has anyone successfully deployed or walked through this maze?

My apps are here: ArcGIS Web Application 

and here: https://pslgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapAndAppGallery/index.html?appid=910c1c9cf7bc440c951ffd13f38f2b... 

0 Kudos
46 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

I wanted to highlight a new story map we just released that discussed all the applications included in Capital Project Planning, who are the primary target users for the applications, and how the project plans move through the applications as you update the status and project properties.

Getting to Know Capital Project Planning 

0 Kudos
EddieArnold
New Contributor

Where did you find the deployment tool in the deployment listing? I've followed the directions and in ArcPro, there is no option for any of the capital project solutions.

0 Kudos
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

Eddie -

Assume you're looking for the Capital Project Planning solutions in the deployment tool?  Please verify if you are logged in to an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise organization when using the Solutions Deployment Tool.

Currently, all of the Capital Project Planning solutions are supported in an ArcGIS Online organization and a few are supported in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.  So you will see the Capital Planning solutions in the list when you are logged in to ArcGIS Online or an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 organization.   We'll add ArcGIS Enterprise support for the remaining solutions later this year. 

Scott

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

I was able to successfully deploy both the Capital Project Plans and Capital Projects Review solutions using ArcGIS Pro and it was very simple.  However I am noticing difference in the styling between my version and the current demo version.  In the demo version of the Capital Projects Review solution it displays information for the status of the budget and scheuld of the project but in my version this is not displayed.  It also shows the cost and scheduled dates much nicer in the demo version than in my own.  Is there an update coming to the current deployed solution so it will match the demo or is there something I need to configure to achieve what the demo shows?

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chad,

I just tested on my side and the Capital Projects Review had the same pop-up as the demo version. I am wondering if you are actually looking at the demo version of the Capital Project Reports app. Capital Project Reports has a pop-up with more information in regard to actual costs and schedules and reports On Budget/On Schedule.

Capital Project Review is intended to be used prior to a project being approved and included in the CIP so we are not tracking cost, schedule and quality at that point. Once approved and funded the project will display in Capital Project Reports, Locator and Dashboard where you will be able to update the status, cost and schedule.

If you are still seeing a difference between your Capital Project Review and the demo version could you send a screenshot of the pop-up you are seeing.

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

Sorry I got mixed up.  I meant the Capital Projects Reports app.  How do I get a project to show up there?  I still however do not have an Attachments tab on my Capital Projects Review app:

Also is it possible to run these apps off of feature classes housed on our SDE?  It appears that when I deployed the solution it created all the layers and they are being hosted on ArcGIS Online.  This is causing the apps to take longer to sync up.  When I add a new project in the CIP Plans app it takes awhile to appear in the CIP Review app.

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

Ok I played around with it some more and figured out how to make the projects progress through the process.  Once a project is created it will show up on the Review app.  Then once its 'Status' has been updated to "Board Approved" and it has been marked as Funded it will disappear from the Review app and appear in the Reports app.  Now my app looks just like the demo.  The reason the Attachments tab wasn't showing up was because my attachment was a PDF and the Attachments tab isn't designed to display PDFs, but when I used a PNG it displayed the tab as in the demo.  

0 Kudos
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chad,

Glad you got it working, yes your understanding of the app flow is correct. Below is a story map that discusses these apps further and how project flow through the planning and tracking phases:

Getting to Know Capital Project Planning 

In regards to the layers being hosted in your SDE, it is possible. All the apps are core ArcGIS capabilities that can work with Enterprise services, however, it would take some time to rewire the apps to work with a different datasource. I am not sure why it is taking some time for the project to show up in the Review app after changing the status. Ultimately all the apps are referencing views of the same underlying service, so it is just filters controlling when the projects show up in the apps. We are not moving data between services, so there shouldn't be any delay.

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

You are correct about the delay, it was due to misunderstanding of how the projects got pushed into the next app.  It's all working as it should.  Thanks for that story map!

0 Kudos
ChadBunn1
New Contributor III

Is there a way to hide other WebApps from appearing on the Capital Project Plans App?  I made some changes to the initial configuration and now there is a thumbnail of the Capital Projects Plans App on the opening screen of the Capital Project Plans app.  When you click it it just opens up a duplicate tab.  Can I remove that from the opening screen somehow?

0 Kudos