Background layers fade to nearly invisible when adding new feature

Jump to solution
06-24-2019 06:13 PM
AaronWorthley1
Occasional Contributor II

When editing in Collector, say creating a new line feature, any background feature layers in the map fade to nearly invisible. This makes it really hard to see what you're doing or to reference existing data in new feature creation. Is there any way to control this behavior, or a workaround so the background layers don't disappear?  I don't know if it would be any better, but generating image tile layers for all background data is not a feasible solution- querying background data via popups is necessary.

13 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Hamish! I've added you to the list of folks who've given feedback on this.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Hello. Is there any update on this? Its been five months now, just wondering if this fix is coming anytime soon? Thanks

Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Malcolm -- It is being looked at. I don't have a timeframe on it though.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AndreaFagan
New Contributor II

This is also a big deal for us. For us though, the entire map was fading out, including the imagery, which I realize now after seeing this post was because we were using our own imagery as a service rather than the Esri basemap imagery. I got around this issue by moving the imagery to the basemap in Portal 10.6.1, so at least the imagery doesn't fade out, which makes it still usable in sunlight for us. But the vector feature layers still fade out. My hunch is that it was developed with the thought process of adding a transparency to the layers to see imagery underneath (?) while editing but that can be accomplished in the map itself, if the user wants/needs that. Definitely looking forward to a fix for this in future releases!Collector when imagery is just added as a map service