Error when publishing LiDAR slpk to portal

06-11-2019 04:00 PM
JeffreyCox
New Contributor II

I am attempting to publish LiDAR data in a point cloud scene layer package to our R&D GIS portal. I have tried a some   workarounds to correct this problem but it persists. When I share & publish the .slpk file, it uploads successfully and provides a thumbnail image, but when I attempt to view it with scene viewer in portal I encounter a message telling me:

Layer cannot be added
User does not have permissions to access 'hosted/srplidar_extract_lasd.sceneserver'.
I figured that this was a permissions problem so I logged into our portal as admin and the error message changed to :
Layer cannot be added
Service not found
I have made sure that the data is in the correct coordinate system and projection; I have read some documentation regarding issues like this stemming from browser security settings on the host server, but I am hesitant to change any of these without having a clear picture of the problem as they are  potentially a security issue.
Any advice is greatly appreciated, and I can provide more specific info if anyone has any ideas.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

What version of Portal are you using?

Have you tried to publish any other SLPKs to narrow down if it is data specific?

Also, it would be good to check the server logs as there might be more details there.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/linux/work-with-server-logs.htm

thanks,

-Andrew

0 Kudos
JeffreyCox
New Contributor II

Andrew,

Thank you for your reply , I am still not sure exactly what the problem was with trying to view the slpk in portal, but we recently updated to ArcGIS pro 2.4 and the problem is gone. I just figured I would let you know that the 2.4 update corrected the issue. 

Thanks again, -Jeff.

Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds good and thanks for the update!

-Andrew

0 Kudos