Using Survey123 Forms in Collector App

06-30-2019 12:45 PM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

I have Survey123 form that i want to use in Collector App.  Some of my field crews prefer the Collector App and some the Survey123 app.  I've created a webmap with the hosted feature service from the form.  However when i try to use in Collector App i've noticed that i've lost some of the functionality that i would have thought would have translated over to Collector.  The collector form does NOT carry over the required fields or any of the default answers that i set up.  Beyond that it seems to work.  Is this normal functionality for Collector or is there a better way to do this?

Josh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Josh,

> The collector form does NOT carry over the required fields or any of the default answers that i set up.  Beyond that it seems to work.  Is this normal functionality for Collector or is there a better way to do this?

Yes, this is expected behavior. The "smart form" functionality you've enabled in Survey123 does not work within Collector - as they are two separate and different apps. What you can do, is link Collector and Survey123; so, you could create a web map with your features and open in Collector. In Collector, you can click on a feature, display its pop-up - which could contain a link to open your form in Survey123. This workflow is called app-linking.

Some resources:

Enhanced support for smart forms in Collector is planned for a future release, please vote for the enhancement Smart forms for Collector.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor

Derek,

I was able to get the url link to work for iOS but I have had no luck with windows or android. Is there reason why it might not work for windows and android? I’m running the most current release versions of both apps.

Josh

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Josh,

> Is there reason why it might not work for windows and android?  I’m running the most current release versions of both apps.

Are you using Collector Classic or the new Collector for ArcGIS (Aurora)?

FYI, the latest Collector app for iOS is Collector for ArcGIS (Aurora). The Collector for ArcGIS (Aurora) release for Android is currently in beta 2, and there is no such release for Windows. Perhaps you're using Collector Classic for Android and Windows?

Hope this helps

0 Kudos