Cannot Connect to Trimble R2 from Trimble T10 Tablet

05-03-2018 03:05 PM
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to connect to my Trimble R2 on my Trimble T10 Tablet running Windows 10.  I have GNSS status app installed and it sees the R2.  But when I select the R2 in Collector and hit Switch, it says connecting for a while then says connection failed.  I'm not sure what else to try.

13 Replies
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

We ended up calling our GPS vendor and they were able to get it installed on the Mesa tablet.  It turned out we had a bunch of apps/updates that were stalled out because of a setting in windows 10.  I'm not exactly sure what they did to fix it.  If I get a chance to ask them I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
FredMiller1
New Contributor II

Alison, If your version of windows is 1903 roll back to 1803.  We have four tablets, 3 of which have version 1903 windows 10, and one with 1803 windows 10, the only one that would connect is 1803. so we rolled one of them back and BAM! it connected instantly. I hope this helps because we were driving ourselves nutts trying to figure it out. 

AlisonWalker
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for the tip Fred!  I was actually working with Ben on your issue, and he let me know about your solution too.  I'm going to try that with my other customers, and I'll let everyone know if that fixes others too.

0 Kudos
Wright_CountySurveyor_Departme
New Contributor

Rolling back Windows to 1803 corrected our device as well. Thanks for the input!

0 Kudos