Hiding Server or folder name in Web Map Service Error Message

06-23-2019 09:02 PM
Thiru_P
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We have published a web map from 10.41 ArcGIS Server (Oracle) for public use. When the service fails to load, users get an error message that shows the entire path to the Map Service Definition file is presented to  the user.

Is there a way we can hide the file path in full or partial?

This is the service

Layer: Protected plants trigger map (ID: 201) 

and below is the error message with filepath highlighted:

dojo.js:310 [esri.layers.MapImageLayer] #load() Failed to load layer (title: 'Vegetation management', id: 'vma') e {name: "request:server", message: "Error handling service request :0x80070057 -  Can … inaccessible to Server. in 'esriCarto.MapServer'", details: {…}}details: {url: "https://gisservices.information.qld.gov.au/arcgis/rest/services/Biota/VegetationManagement/MapServe..., requestOptions: {…}, getHeader: ƒ, httpStatus: 500, subCode: undefined, …}message: "Error handling service request :0x80070057 -  Can not open file F:\FAKESERVER-fs\arcgisserver1\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput\Biota/VegetationManagement.MapServer\extracted\v101\VegetationManagement.updated.msd.The system cannot find the file specified.
Probable cause: The file is inaccessible to Server. in 'esriCarto.MapServer'"name: "request:server"__proto__: f

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Thiru

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I've never seen that type of information come through an error message. What operation are you running that returns that error?

0 Kudos
Thiru_P
Occasional Contributor

It was reported by an user, the layer failed to load in the map viewer. The message appeared in presumably, the browser console.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If a service isn't started but is accessed via an application, I don't see that much in the network traffic, and nothing in the console:

Do you have min instances set to 0 for that service? Does that path actually exist? I'd reach out to tech support to discuss a repro case and get something logged. Any error that returns internal machine names or paths should be updated.

0 Kudos
Thiru_P
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I have lodged this issue to Tech Support team! Will update here.

0 Kudos