ArcGIS certification exam

06-17-2019 08:49 AM
JayeetaChakraborty
New Contributor II

Do you know whether ESRI provides study guide with the purchase of ArcGIS desktop certification? Is it free of cost with the voucher? 

I  will be appearing for the certification exam. Can anyone give me some suggestion to prepare for the exam? How helpful is the study guide?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JerenPortillo
Esri Contributor

Hi Jayeeta Chakraborty‌,

Congratulations on starting your journey to certification!  

Our website is a great place to learn about our exams, https://www.esri.com/training/certification/. There are no prerequisites to sitting for our core exams and you can take any exam that you feel matches your skills and experience level.  You can also review the additional exam information on the catalog page.

We recommend candidates carefully review the Qualifications and Skills Measured information on the exam’s catalog page. If you identify a gap between their knowledge and skills and those measured by the exam, the Preparation Resources document for each exam provides a useful list of learning options and online resources, organized by topic.  The resource document is free of charge and available for all exams.  We provide a list of both free and paid training associated with each exam for candidates to use as needed.

Additionally, we offer two study guides for our Desktop Associate and Professional exams at version 10.5.  You can purchase the study guides from most book retailers (ie Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.).  And, lastly, I would also recommend reviewing the past discussions on this site, as you might find some useful tips from current and past certification candidates.

Thanks for reaching out and good luck on your exam!

Jeren Portillo

0 Kudos