"Repeat" data and Microsoft Flow...

06-03-2019 07:06 AM
DanBihari
New Contributor III

I’ve been working with Survey123 and Microsoft Flow to automate an email response once a survey has been submitted.  I came across and article (published on Sept. 24, 2018) where it states that one of the limitations will be:

• Data from repeats will also be missing in Microsoft Flow at the moment

Has Esri made any advancements in exposing repeating data in Microsoft Flow?  Is this still a limitation?

Also, is there a way to expose “select” question data from a submitted survey that does not require me to duplicate questions just so that I can display it in an email.  I have so many questions that I have to store answers twice just so that I can get it to work with Microsoft Flow.

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

~Dan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Have the exact same problem in Integromat. The only workaround I can think of is make an HTTP call via Integromat or Flow and use REST to hit the related table.

Eagerly await another solution as well.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

As indicated, repeats are not supported within webhooks at this time.  Joe does point out a solution on another provider; unfortunately the Flow connector does not include the token information to be able to query the related records yet.

0 Kudos
JeffJackson4
New Contributor III

Is there a way to pull the repeat data out of the repeat and place it in a hidden data line within the main workflow to then pull something like an image attachment into a report?  This would be helpful if there is such a workaround.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff, 

It is possible to place information from a repeat into a hidden question by using functions such as join(); that being said, it wouldn't necessarily help get an attachment.

0 Kudos