Deep Learning Object Detection:ERROR 002667 Unable to initialize python raster function with scalar arguments.

06-15-2019 11:14 AM
AHMEDSHEHATA1
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone, 
I followed the lesson  Use deep learning to assess Palm tree health, everything went well except when I was about to run the Detect Objects Using Deep Learning tool. "The below error came up after browsing to the esri model definition file. I have read another thread on the same topic Here, but ended up with the fact that I need to install Tensorflow on GPU, and unfortunately I do not have Nvidia GPU card. Did anyone manage to run this tool with tensorflow on CPU not GPU? or Has any workaround?Error snap shot 

ERROR 002667  Unable to initialize python raster function with scalar arguments.

Windows 10

ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3

Tensorflow and Tensorflow - base packages added 

20 Replies
MariaCulman
New Contributor II

Hi Ahmed,

I am having the same problem. Also, I do not have the possibility to run Tensorflow on the GPU; I do not have a NVIDIA card.

If you get to resolve the problem, or any have a workaround, please let me know

I have the same software/package versions.

Best regards,

María.

0 Kudos
MariaCulman
New Contributor II

Yes, Dan. I followed the 'Run TensorFlow on the CPU' section.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Assuming that you are using one of the 3 deep learning tools… ie

Classify Pixels Using Deep Learning—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

That would leave your emd or valuetable as the culprits.

There is more at...

PythonRasterFunction · Esri/raster-functions Wiki · GitHub 

0 Kudos
MariaCulman
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

This is not the 'Classify Pixels Using Deep Learning' tool, it is the 'Detect Objects Using Deep Learning' tool. And yes, my TensorFlowCoconutTrees.emd file is looking as it should (as indicated in the tutorial: Detect palm trees with a deep learning model—Use Deep Learning to Assess Palm Tree Health | ArcGIS ).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You might have to contact the tutorial people

AHMEDSHEHATA1
New Contributor III

Hi Maria, 

I'm trying to get a PC with Nvidia GPU card that is CUDA-enabled maybe next week. I'll try to run the Detect objects tool and feedback you. 
I think we should contact the tutorial people as Dan Patterson said, because they're not emphasizing on the ability of this tool to run on CPU

0 Kudos
MariaCulman
New Contributor II

Hi Ahmed Shehata‌,

Following Dan Patterson‌ advice, yesterday I oponed an issue in Github (https://github.com/Esri/raster-deep-learning/issues/17). They insist that the example should be running in Tensorflow CPU.

Let me know how it goes with the NDIVIA GPU.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AHMEDSHEHATA1
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

Yes I followed the steps of setting up the Tensorflow on CPU. I've viewed the GPU support of Tensorflow, but I don't have a GPU card to consider this. 

0 Kudos