Vector Tile use: Collector app

Jump to solution
06-13-2019 11:07 PM
VaibhavSingh_ESRI_GIS
New Contributor III

Unable to use Vector tile layer as basemap inside the collector app, Anyone can help me in doing so, with the URL and workflow.

For more information regarding the problem kindly revert.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

With the 20.1 release on Android, vector tiles are now supported.

Esri Education Team

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vaibhav - What version of Collector are you using, and on what platform (Android, iOS, or Windows)?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
VaibhavSingh_ESRI_GIS
New Contributor III

Hi Kylie -  Thanks for taking interest in the query.

FYI - For collector for ArcGIS, I used the latest version available on the Play store, Android Platform.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Vector tiles are not currently supported in the released app on Android. They are supported in the next generation Collector app which is currently released on iOS and in beta on Android. If you are interested in joining the beta, please join our Collector Early Adopter community so you’ll have the latest information on what you can test as well as provide feedback. Once you’ve joined, visit Getting Started to access the beta release for Android.

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

How can check vector base maps on Collector Beta available for Android devices? I have published vector tiled layer & configured in web map with enabled offline settings  in AGOL.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anjul - Are you looking for getting access to the beta, or asking how to try your map in it?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AnjulPandey
New Contributor III

Hi Kylie, 

Many thanks for prompt response on my query. Yes am seeking the help on collector android beta version ? How can use vector tile layer into map?

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Sure Anjul! No problem.

In the beta version of Collector on Android, you can open maps (with editable layers) just like you can in the released Android app. So make a map that uses your vector tile layer as a basemap, add some editable data, and open the map in Collector.

If you need to get the beta version of Collector on Android, join the Collector Early Adopter community. There, you'll have the latest information on what you can test and be able to provide feedback in the forum. Once you’ve joined, visit "Getting Started" to access available beta releases. 

Esri Education Team
JacksonTrappett
Occasional Contributor II

Kylie - any info on when this Android beta that supports vector tiles will be a production release?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jackson - We are targetting Q1 2020 for the Android release.

Esri Education Team