ArcGIS Earth 1.9 – Smoothness of Zoom

06-11-2019 12:46 PM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I recently upgraded ArcGIS Earth from 1.8 to 1.9.  Using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out on the map was very smooth in version 1.8.  Now, in AE 1.9, the mouse wheel zoom experience is stepped and choppy.  I have installed AE 1.9 on two computers that have different graphics capabilities and I experience this behavior on both machines.  Is there a setting in AE that I am missing to get the smooth zoom behavior I had with v1.8, or is this the new expected user experience?

Thank you,

Joe

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
XuewenZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your feedback.

There is a setting for navigation in the Settings panel, and the 3d mouse controller was introduced in V1.9. However, it should not affect the zoom smooth behavior.

I have tried to reproduce the zoom issue that you described but failed. The zoom behavior of 1.9 is the same as 1.8 at my side.

Could you please share with us more information? Like the computer configuration, the data added, etc...?

Thanks,

Xuewen

ArcGIS Earth ArcGIS Earth 1.8 Zoom to
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Xuewen:

Thank you for your attention to my question.

Maybe it is my computer operating system combined with graphics card and driver.  I have two tower computers (Dell Optiplex 9020 Windows 7 and Dell Precision 5820 Windows 10) on which my AE 1.9 experience is choppy and two computers that behave as expected (Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Windows 10 and Dell Latitude E7470 Windows 10.  Either way, no need for you to attend to this question any further.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Joe

Here are the specs on the two tower computers:

DELL OPTIPLEX 9020

DELL PRECISION 5820

0 Kudos