Flexible Locator Suggestions Like ArcGIS World Geocoding Service

Jump to solution
04-12-2019 03:01 PM
KyleGruber
Occasional Contributor II

When creating a street address locator with suggestions enabled, is there a way to include fields such as Predirection, Postdirection, Suffix, etc but not make them a required part of the geocoding process?  For example, when I do this search with the World Geocoding Service:

World Geolocator Flexibility

Despite the fact that I'm not entering predirection as part of my inquiry, it's able to pull up 100 E Main and 100 W Main.  Does this require custom logic outside of the standard locator calls, or possibly a point address locator needs to be part of a composite?  I can't seem to achieve this using a Locator and Runtime SuggestAsync, even turning the minimum score down to 0.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

Lindsey,

We did fix this already.  You will need to create the locator again using ArcGIS Pro 2.4 and if you are publishing it to ArcGIS Enterprise you will need one of the following patches.

ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 General Geocoding Patch

ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 General Geocoding Patch

BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

Kyle,

Are you using PreferredSearchLocation and passing in the center of your map as that location in your request?  This will help give more flexible results because it will be looking at addresses that are close to your current location.  All of our apps (Map Viewer, Pro, ArcMap) use PreferredSearchLocation when getting suggestions.

Brad

KyleGruber
Occasional Contributor II

Anyone who comes across this thread, please see the corresponding runtime thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/233047-mmpk-locator-discrepency-between-pro-and-runtime 

0 Kudos