How do I configure Operations Dashboard for Portal 10.6.1

06-05-2019 05:36 AM
GeorgeMcKinney
New Contributor II

When I open Operations Dashboard for Portal 10.6.1 from my portal App widget, all that happens is a new tab opens with Operations Dashboard, but the page is blank.  One can be created if you use a map and under the "Create a Web App" menu.  Is this the only way to create an Operations Dashboard or do I need to configure my portal differently?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi George,

> When I open Operations Dashboard for Portal 10.6.1 from my portal App widget, all that happens is a new tab opens with Operations Dashboard, but the page is blank. 

This is expected behavior. When you perform this workflow, you start Operations Dashboard with a blank canvas. You can add elements to the blank canvas by selecting something from the add dropdown button.

> Is this the only way to create an Operations Dashboard 

There are 4 ways to create a new Dashboard:

1. Content page > App launcher
  2. Map Viewer > Share > Create app > Ops Dashboard
  3. Content page > Create > App > Ops Dashboard
  4. Web map item page > Create

FYI, this is a great resource to help you get started with Operations Dashboard

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2019/03/0... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
GeorgeMcKinney
New Contributor II

Thanks for your email.

However when I open Operations Dashboard App while in the "Organization"

screen, it will open another tab, but there will be no options on the

page. It is totally blank. I have been successful in opening it after

opening a map and in the Create a Web App, but this is all.

Thanks again for your help.

George

0 Kudos
AngusHooper1
Occasional Contributor III

I'd look at your network log (browser developer tools) to see if anything is blocked, failing or erroring out.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi George,

> However when I open Operations Dashboard App while in the "Organization" screen, it will open another tab, but there will be no options on the page.  It is totally blank. 

To be clear, you're using method 1 and trying to open Ops Dashboard via the App Launcher, right? Is this a new Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 installation? This sounds like something's amiss with your Portal install. I suggest you contact esri Tech Support and have them investigate further. Also, please check the logs Angus suggests.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos