Introduce Yourself!

02-02-2018 12:21 PM
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Welcome to GeoNet!

We are a community that collaborates, learns and shares together. To help you connect with other members, we started this introduction thread. Think of this as your intro to GeoNet networking and a chance to get to know  each other as we begin our GeoNet journey.

Please introduce yourself to the rest of the community by sharing your answers to the questions in the comments section below.

• Where do you work and what is your role? 
  • What GIS success have you had this year and what product did you use? (big or small - no win is out of bounds)
  • What is your expertise (GIS related or not), and how can that help the community?

Bonus Round! Post the coordinates to your favorite place on earth.

note: this post has been archived, and is available in read only mode. To create a new introduction, please visit the new GeoNet Member Introductions‌ space. Thank you!

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
324 Replies
MuhammadAli6
New Contributor II

Where do you work and what is your role?

Hi, my name is Muhammad Ali and i am from Pakistan. Currently i am working as a GIS Developer in Oman, contracting in Oil and Gas company.

What GIS success have you had this year and what product did you use? (big or small - no win is out of bounds)

This year i have been working with Linear Referencing and implementation of PODS data model. Other then that mostly providing general GIS Support, Arcpy Scripting, Portal Administration.

What is your expertise (GIS related or not), and how can that help the community?

I have done BE-GeoInformatics and then MS in Remote Sensing and GIS from NUST Pakistan. After that i worked in a GIS providing company in Pakistan and Saudi Arab. Mainly i have worked as a Geospatial developer. I am willing to help in ArcObjects (SOE, Addins, Extensions), ArcGIS Runtime(Desktop Applications), ArcPy(Tools and Data modeling scripts), ArcGIS Portal Administration, ArcGIS extensions(Network Analyst, Utility Analyst etc). Fiber data model, electric data model, Pipeline data model.

Bonus Round! Post the coordinates to your favorite place on earth.

21.422699, 39.826202

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,  Welcome to the GeoNet Community! Here are a few places that might interest you:

Portal for ArcGIS

python snippets

/blogs/tilting/2018/12/06/biding-time-arcpy-geometry-constructors?sr=search&searchId=cffce661-2891-4...

Python

Cheers,

Michelle

Michelle Mathias
0 Kudos
MuhammadAli
New Contributor

Thank you.

I will surely visit these groups.

Also I have to post the same comment again as i had some username issue with my account.

0 Kudos
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I am Saroj Thapa. I work for Pond & Company as a GIS Developer.

What GIS success have you had this year and what product did you use? (big or small - no win is out of bounds)

Not a success yet, but we are in the process of deploying ArcGIS Enterprise and my role will move toward more GIS administrator. I am very excited about this. 

What is your expertise (GIS related or not), and how can that help the community?

Hard to say if I am an expert in anything. However, I have a good knowledge of Python, JavaScript, and SQL Server. 

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

HelloSaroj, Welcome to GeoNet, The Esri Community! I hope you find our community helpful as continue your GIS journey. Here are a few places that might interest you:

ArcGIS Enterprise

Implementing ArcGIS

Python

Cheers,

Michelle

Michelle Mathias
MichaelHope
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, my name is Michael Hope, and I'm a GIS Analyst for one of the largest Electricity and Gas Utilities in New Zealand.

What GIS success have you had this year and what product did you use?

We have been expanding our capabilities through the ArcGIS Enterprise and Portal, so my hands have been getting dirty making the maps and apps.

I never knew the things that I have studied in the past would have complimented my career in GI so much, but... I have a Bachelors in Visual Communication Design, a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and I'm currently doing a part time Diploma in Permaculture (permanent agriculture practices and sustainable living with zero environmental impact)

-44.648281, 167.905777

Mary-AnnNoe
New Contributor II

Hi Michael Hope,

Thanks for making contact.

I'm a beginner, and have taken a (Gis ArcView way back then

1998-9)classes, now

ArcGIS , at CU Boulder.

I am an adult student wondering if I can get back into classes and learn

the up-dated software.

I stalled out on a free Esri class, when my laptop computer was tested for

being able to handle the new software.

I need to up grade Memory and Graphics card. (-: I heard there is a

software (Driver) that can do the same thing.

As a Johnie come lately (not current) student, the course work I have

taken is in beginning physical geography; land forms and soil, vegetation

and climate.

I am Dutch, and struggle with writing in both languages, so, it's Middle

English . . .

Plenty of computer classes, certified, more about this some other time?

Okay enough for now, like to hear a bit about you?

Kindly,

Mary-Ann

Boulder, CO

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hello Mary-Ann,  Welcome to GeoNet, The Esri Community! Here are some places in the community that might help you along your journey:

ArcGIS Content - Esri Nederland

Esri Training

Education

Let me know if you need help finding anything. 

Cheers,

Michelle

Michelle Mathias
0 Kudos
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Michael, Welcome to GeoNet! Interesting background! Hope you find GeoNet a useful resource.  Here are a few places that might interest you:

Electric and Gas

NZ Basemaps

New Zealand GIS for Emergency Management Community

New Zealand Esri Users Group

ArcGIS Enterprise

Portal for ArcGIS

Cheers,

Michelle

Michelle Mathias
0 Kudos
SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

Hi, my name is Srini.  I'm a new Enterprise Architect for my organization and I'm trying to find some getting started Utility Network Model Extension Model GIS database for Electrical.  We are using ArcGIS Pro 2.2 version.  Specifically, I would like to understand if there is any sample data available for ArcGIS Pro for Utility Network Model Extension which is new to the market in recent years and may this model is a substitute for ArcFM model.

Please let me know if anyone has sample data to share for Electrical on Utility Network Model Extension.