Is there a way to change the print widget defaults in Portal?

01-25-2019 11:43 AM
Mark_Hotz
Occasional Contributor II

I have just completed creating a series of print widget templates in Portal and now realize that having to select kilometers over the default miles every time is quite annoying for users (we don't use imperial measurements here).

However, I don't seem to see a setting, or check-box that will allow me to change any default settings in the print widget configuration dialogue box:

I would like to see this default to kilometers:

Can this be achieved?  I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HeathAnderson1
New Contributor II

I also have a similar problem.  I would like to change the default from Map Scale to Map Extent.  I have found the html code for the radio button but have been unsuccessful in changing the webappbuilder behavior when it initializes.  What I haven't tested yet is if I make the change then restarting Portal and or the portal machine.  Has anyone had any luck with this process?

If not, will continue to test and post back when I have an update to the problem.

Mark_Hotz

Heath:

Thanks for the response...it's good to know I'm not alone .  I am wondering if this is something that may need to be resolved using JavaScript...but that is just a guess on my part.

0 Kudos
HeathAnderson1
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

I have tried altering the code in a few different locations to get the print widget default settings changed from mapScale to mapExtent but have be unsuccessful.  Maybe Robert Scheitlin, GISP would be able to shed some light on this topic.  I know in the WAB Dev Edition you can alter the code within the Print.html page and the changes seems to hold when you refresh the application but that doesn't seem to be the case for WAB in Enterprise.  

Here is the location of the html I've changed

[SERVER]\c$\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappbuilder\stemapp\widgets\Print\templates

After I made the changes I restarted the machine and portal but still no luck.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Mark_Hotz

Heath:

It seems that the further we go down this rabbit hole the more difficult this task becomes.  I'm wondering if this is something that can be set in ArcGIS Pro before publishing?

0 Kudos