Terrain Tools V1.1 Issues with ArcGIS Pro 2.3

05-10-2019 03:56 PM
DouglasCaldwell
New Contributor III

Hi! I was wondering if there is a Terrain Tools V1.2 or newer? I am having trouble generating filled contours and hachures using V1.1 with ArcGIS Pro 2.3. I am not a programmer and unable to fix the scripts. Any suggested workarounds would be greatly appreciated! A working toolbox would be even better:-)

** Filled Contours Error **

Start Time: Friday, May 10, 2019 6:41:09 PM
Running script Filled Contours...
Contour...
RasterToPolygon_conversion...
Buffer_analysis...
FeatureToLine_management...
Failed script Filled Contours...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolBox\TerrainTools_v1_1\Scripts\CreateFilledContours.py", line 234, in <module>
'-1000000', 'VB', '#')
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 3907, in CalculateField
raise e
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 3904, in CalculateField
retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.CalculateField_management(*gp_fixargs((in_table, field, expression, expression_type, code_block), True)))
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\arcpy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 498, in <lambda>
return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000989: Tool CalculateField cannot use VB expressions for services
Failed to execute (CalculateField).
Failed to execute (FilledContours).

** Hachure Error **

Failed script Hachures...
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolBox\TerrainTools_v1_1\Scripts\Hachure.py", line 74
if field.name <> 'Slope' or field.name <> 'Aspect':
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Failed to execute (Hachures).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

VB isn't supported

000989: Python syntax error: .—Help | ArcGIS Desktop the actual error message that is in your list differs from the error number, which may mean that python is trying to interpret VB and is failing.

It seems to be throwing the error in Calculate field... Pro doesn't support VB

Calculate Field Python examples—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

The expression will have to be updated to Python