Is there a way to fetch the underlying data source feature class name from a map service layer?

04-26-2019 12:55 PM
CoreyMoten
New Contributor

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the feature class name for the underlying feature class data source being referenced in a published map service layer using the ArcGIS JS API. The underlying data source for the map service is a registered enterprise database. Once the map service is loaded into a map instance, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to fetch the name of the feature class being referenced by each layer in the service. I've tried accessing the layer infos but they only provide the name of the layer and layer id that ArcGIS Server assigns each layer in the map service. DynamicLayerInfo also did not work for me, as the source attribute points to a LayerMapSource instance, which also only provides the previously mentioned attributes that are of no use for my use case. Does anyone know any hacks for this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Corey,

No that data is not maintained by the service when it is accessible via the rest service properties.

0 Kudos
CoreyMoten
New Contributor

Thanks for replying Robert,

I was afraid that might be the case. The admin REST API does provide the names of the feature class data sets that the map service is referencing in the service manifest JSON, but unfortunately doesn't provide this information per layer in the map service. I'll probably need to consider another approach for what I am trying to do.

0 Kudos