AnsweredAssumed Answered

Survey123 Related Table- incorrect Parent GUID

Question asked by AaronAE on Apr 22, 2019
Latest reply on May 1, 2019 by JTedrick-esristaff

I have an ArcGIS Online Feature service with a related table. The relate uses GlobalID in the parent and a GUID field in the table called Parent_GID.

We use Collector to get the point geometry, then a custom URL scheme to open Survey123 and collect attributes into the related table. The URL scheme is supposed to pass the Global ID into the Parent_GID field, but I'm finding that the wrong Global ID is being recorded. As a test, I set up a new text field in the Related table and when I send the Global ID to that field it records it correctly.

I'm wondering if the GUID field type is messing with the workflow? Its like a new Global ID is being created in the parent for the related record. There doesn't appear to be a way to create a relationship class in Pro that uses the Global ID from the parent and something other than a GUID field type in the related table.

Point as recorded with Collector:

Note the Global ID created with the point

Related Table populated in Survey123:

The Parent Global ID field above is the GUID field in the related table, the Point Global ID is a text field to which I am also passing the Global ID. Notice it's correct in the text field at the far right.

Collector is passing the GlobalID into a hidden field in the Survey123 xls called INCOMMING_GLID, then its being applied to both the esriFieldTypeGUID and esriFieldTypeString fields shown above via a calculation...

Outcomes