Can dropped pin coordinates be in the coordinate system of the web map?

Jump to solution
04-24-2019 07:56 AM
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a web map hosted in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 which uses the British National Grid coordinate system for base maps and layers.  If I open the map in Explorer for ArcGIS (both on iOS and Android) and long press to drop a pin at a location, then the coordinates that are returned are in longitude/latitude rather than in British National Grid. Is there some way to force it to use the coordinate system of the web map or does this need to be submitted as an idea for consideration?

Thanks

Gareth

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Gareth Baker‌,

This is something that will be included in our next release of Explorer. You will have the option in settings for "Coordinates" where you can either choose "Automatic" to use the coordinate system of the current map or define your preferred system independent of the current map. We should have the 19.1.0 Beta available for iOS, Android, Windows around User Conference (July).

Joel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Gareth Baker‌,

This is something that will be included in our next release of Explorer. You will have the option in settings for "Coordinates" where you can either choose "Automatic" to use the coordinate system of the current map or define your preferred system independent of the current map. We should have the 19.1.0 Beta available for iOS, Android, Windows around User Conference (July).

Joel

GarethBaker1

Thanks Joel, that's really useful and I will look forward to trying it out in July.

0 Kudos
DataOfficer

Hi Joel Whitney, when is this due to be implemented? I am looking for a way to show British National Grid coordinates in the Collector and Explorer apps but when I select Coordinates in the Units menu, British National Grid is not yet an option.

Thanks,
Rob

0 Kudos