Upgrading qtquick qml project from 100.4 to 100.5

04-23-2019 10:26 AM
MarkDeaton
Esri Contributor

Is there any written guidance on what it takes to migrate a qtQuick project from 100.4 to 100.5?

Having installed 100.5 in a new kit and applied it to my existing 100.4 project, I'm seeing a failure in the OAuth challenge dialog (for Windows x64):

[6340:464:0423/092147.892:FATAL:browser_main_loop.cc(536)] Check failed: ::content::BrowserThread::CurrentlyOn(BrowserThread::UI). Must be called on Chrome_UIThread; actually called on Unknown Thread.

Comparing main.cpp from my project and the ShowOrgBasemaps 100.5 samples, I see the probable culprit is a missing call to QtWebEngine::initialize(). Is there anything else I need to add to my main.cpp, or is the correct upgrade path building a new project and re-importing all prior source code?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

To upgrade, simply go to the .pro file and change the number from 100.4 to 100.5.

In this case, I don't think this is the issue. I recently had the same error when I installed a newer version of Qt via the Online Installer - I didn't have the Web Engine selected in the online installer, so anything that used the web component (like OAuth dialog) didn't work. In this case, I needed to reopen the online installer and go through the tree of options and made sure to select Web Engine. 

0 Kudos